Background

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Evolve: My Authentic Self, My Thoughts

Too Much On My Mind
By: Nadia Sweeting

Today Lord, has been a rough one. I am trying to see the forest for the trees. I am wanting for more. More of what I ask, I am unsure. I want to be more and give more, but I feel as if I am more and given more. God you are my mind-regulator.

Lord, I know this battle is yours and not mine. I am in need of prayer and guidance. I shed a tear only for my own misunderstandings. I shed not a tear because I am sad. I wish that I was dreaming so that I can wake up from the nonsense and everything will be beautiful. Lord, be with me today- remove me from the unnecessary and intent.

Lately, I've been extremely emotional and I know this is all your doing Lord. I know that you are testing me. Testing my faith and will. As I eye my eyes, all I can see is weary and no end. I want to experience my life. For majority of my life, I've experienced other people's lives. I'm always the person looked upon to make everything ok --right--in its place -- correct. I don't seek the approval of others and I know that you Lord are the only "Approver", but I can't help but to think whether anyone stop to think about me.  I am a giver, but givers need assistance too. 


I am not perfect nor do I strive to be. I wear what and how I feel on my sleeve. God, I need you! I need you right now -- right now! As I sit here with tears in my eyes while at work, I need you to speak to my heart. I feel as if I move a mile a minute all while going nowhere. Spinning in a circle with no direction. God, I need things to move in my life -- MOVE ME! 

I've listened to Jill Scott's "When I Wake Up" so many times today. I feel every word in this song. God, I pray that I am dreaming and when I wake up all things will be beautiful! 



God, please hear me ...I want to prosper and live MY life. I pray that  my business  is successful. I pray that my daughter do not encounter the unnecessary garbage that I've endured in this lifetime. I pray for my very own place to live and to call my own. My very own! Those are very powerful words one can say out of his or her mouth. I pray that you keep me sane and refreshed. I often find myself exhausted and weary from everyday. God grant me the ability to smell the flowers and feel the wind; touch the grass and see the world. 



No comments:

Post a Comment