Background

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Experience: Why Do I Choose to Work Harder When I Should Be Working Smarter?

Why Do I Choose to Work Harder When I Should Be Working Smarter?
 by: Nadia Sweeting




As I sit at my desk at a very successful Fortune 500 company, I can't help but think to myself "Is this my calling?" Am I passionate about what I do? The work is easy, but is it the people that make it stressful? Currently, I am a Digital Marketing Project Manager and in order to do this job effectively one must be pretty organized and detailed-oriented. 

For me, project management should come natural to me. I tend to make sure all is in its right place and that all of the T's are crossed and I's dotted. I can't help but to think -- how long can I keep this façade up? 
I am known as the "Fix-It Girl" - I get things done and done right! According to my standards and beliefs.  For me, doing it right is common sense but to others, it's a way to create work and unnecessary rework. By no means am I perfect - I make mistakes- own, accept and correct them!


Is it that I no longer want to be perfect? 
                                
Enjoying life is perfection!

Today, I was in constant prayer asking God for clarity and guidance. I feel that this particular time in my life is confusing and enlightening at the same time. I know that I must release the self-created restraints and blockage that I've drummed up for myself, but am I allowed to not be perfect. The universe and my heart says YES!

I will continue to work on not trying so hard to be perfect and to work smarter not harder. I work so hard that I my head has been underground that life is just passing me by and I want to come up for air. I want to live out my dreams with no restrictions.


 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment