Background

Monday, December 23, 2013

Explore: Beyonce Visual Album - Mine ft. Drake

My Listening Pleasure - Beyonce Album
By: Nadia Sweeting

As I listen to my freshly purchased #Beyonce #album from #Starbucks (my early Christmas gift) this song stood out to me. Although I love each song on the album, I've replaced this song at least 50 times. The beginning of the song gives an insight into Beyonce - the mommy, wife and artist. So many women can relate -
I do.


My vote for #Song of the #Year!  #Mine 


This song has some of the best lyrics I've heard in a long time as it relates to describing your feelings for that significant person in your life. This is something that I would have or may have jotted down in my journal. This song depicts how you can give life to your inner most vulnerable thought about your mate and how you view that person in your life. I enjoy listening to a song that requires you to feel the words in order to receive the message

"Stop making a big deal out of the little things 'cause I have big deals and I got little things..I got everything I'm asking for but YOU!...Stop making a big deal out of the little things ' let's get carried away- come right now you know where I stay...I just want to say you're mine, you're mine...F**K what you heard you're mine, you're mine! All I'm really asking for is You" - Beyonce
Drake's rap is on point ...very insightful and true about how most men feel about their girl.  I really like Drake's rap style opposed to other rappers (I won't mention any names). He's not afraid to be vulnerable and expressive. You feel his pain and his passion for his craft. His experiences allows one to explore his
"I miss feeling on you, I miss everything that's real about you and that's everything about you that's just how I feel about you. I been about you and I'm still about you...All them fives need to listen when the ten is talking Cuz they don't wanna see you happier than them...your ex is not a running back but that n***a came running back, and you tell me that you're done with that and I believe its true as long as you know who you belong to." I feel that Beyonce the album is awesome and the visual aspect makes it stand out even more. I feel that she took a risk from a marketing standpoint. In order to reinvent yourself and remain on top of your craft, one must take a calculated risk and throe caution to the wind and leap. #Beyonce leaped to another stratosphere!





No comments:

Post a Comment